Need Help? Call our Team on: 0161 929 8838 or email us on


Please feel free to fill out the following form below with your details and we will call you back to discuss your options.

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Insurance Advice

We understand that buying or selling a home involves significant financial commitments and can have an impact far beyond mortgage repayments.

Kellands independent mortgage advisors is staffed by experienced professionals able to review your current cover and assess how you could better protect your home and possessions.

With access to many insurance providers and classes of cover, we can advise you on how to take steps to care for what you value most.

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Buildings insurance is mandatory if you require a mortgage to support the purchase of a property and although insurance for contents is a separate policy, they are usually taken out together.

Buildings insurance will cover structure, and permanent fixtures and fittings, such as baths, toilets and fitted kitchens, against incidents such as:

  • Fire
  • Storm
  • Flood damage
  • Subsidence
  • Explosions
  • Burst pipes
  • Theft

These vary from provider to provider and policies will have different exclusions and limitations.

Contents insurance covers your possessions, normally described as the items you would take with you if you moved house. Contents generally fall into the following categories:

  • Household goods – e.g. appliances such as the fridge freezers, televisions, computers
  • Furniture and furnishings – e.g. carpets, beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs
  • Valuables – e.g. ceramics, art, jewellery, smart phones
  • Personal belongings – e.g. shoes, clothes, suits
  • Money – e.g. cash, share certificates, cheques, travel tickets

These items will be covered against loss due to theft, fire, storm and flood damage, subsidence, explosions and burst pipes.

There are many different types of building and contents policies available and it is worth bearing in mind that the lowest cost policy may not provide adequate cover.

Our team will help assess which polices offer you the protection you need. To find out more, call us on 0161 929 8388.

It is your responsibility to ensure you/your property are adequately protected and have sufficient and relevant insurance in place.

If you cancel an insurance contract you will not receive any money back or refund of premiums. They have no cash-in value.