Kellands has been providing an independent, friendly and professional mortgage service to clients across the UK for over 25 years.
What does this mean to you?
Huge decisions have to be made at every stage of buying a property and so we understand that it helps if all the information you are provided with is set out in plain English so you can be confident about what is the right choice for you.
Just as importantly, we take the time to get to know you and find out exactly what you want from your mortgage both now and over the long-term.
Finally, we will liaise with estate agents, solicitors and accountants to ensure that your property purchase proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Here’s what you can expect:
- We meet to talk about your plans for your new home and we begin gathering the information needed to secure the right mortgage for your circumstances.
- We research the market to identify the most suitable options.
- Once you have decided which mortgage you would like to secure and you have instructed us, we look to obtain a mortgage decision in principle from the lender. This helps meet estate agent requirements in order to agree an offer.
- Acting on your behalf, we apply for the mortgage and instruct the surveyor to carry out a valuation or survey on your chosen property.
- The mortgage lender will issue you with an offer which we check carefully on your behalf.
- Your solicitor will carry out necessary legal checks (often called conveyancing). After contracts are exchanged and upon completion, you will collect the keys to your new home and begin mortgage repayments.
Protecting yourself, your family and your new home
A mortgage is a major financial commitment and so it is sensible to protect your interest and those of your family.
We can advise you how to secure suitable cover that will help if your circumstances change and you are no longer able to make the payments.
These options take into account factors such as redundancy, long term sickness and serious illness and give you peace of mind that your loved ones’ finances are protected should the unexpected happen.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Kellands (Hale) Limited is not permitted to give advice on specific debts or provide debt counselling. If you require debt advice or debt counselling we recommend contacting The Citizens Advice Bureau.
Fees & Charges
Your chosen lender’s fees and charges and when these are payable, will be detailed at the outset. Should you decide to proceed, confirmation of these will be detailed in the Lender’s mortgage offer.
In addition, for advising and arranging your mortgage, Kellands has a standard charge of:
£295 plus VAT
However dependent on the complexity of your mortgage arrangement we do reserve the right to charge up to a maximum of £595 plus VAT for more complex cases. Any variation from our standard fee would always be agreed at outset.
Kellands may also receive a fee from the lender which will be confirmed to you in writing in advance.
The actual amount chargeable by Kellands and any fee we may receive from the Lender will be confirmed to you in writing in advance.
Kellands fees are payable at the outset.